E5TSAR SHORT
Home SportsEconomyBusinessTechnologyEntertainmentHeightsEnergy

'I See Stars' has something for everybody on 10 Years in the Black Tour
Entertainment
Published in 11-11-2016
    813 Visits
Known for their creative style and chance taking, I See Stars has a little bit for everyone and the influences of the band have never been brighter than with their June album "Treehouse" – which the group is currently promoting on the Sumerian Records 10 Years in the Black Tour. "A big thing for us is to produce a show that sounds like what you get on the album – which can be hard with electronic music," Oliver said. The 10 Years in the Black Tour is in celebration of the 10 year anniversary of Sumerian Records – the label that signed I See Stars in 2008. The tour features other artists from the label including Asking Alexandria, Born of Osiris, After the Burial, Upon a Burning Body and Bad Omens and began on Oct. 25. The band currently consists of Oliver, guitarist Brent Allen, bassist Jeff Valentine and keyboardist/vocalist Andrew Oliver – the brother of Devin Oliver. "Running with Scissors," "Mobbin' Out," and "Portals" are about as heavy as they come but "White Lies" and "Walking on Gravestones" are a bit of a departure on the past and sounds similar to top-40 radio electronic driven bands.
Reference: www.chron.com